When you say weight loss, the first thing that comes to mind is the need to starve oneself and skip eating. This thought is very scary for people who are used to 4 regular meals a day. Feel good, because it is not just scary, it is false too.
The idea is to eat healthy and low-calorie foods and not to stop eating completely. You should also learn to trick your body - eat something filling that will control and delay your hunger pangs. Your stomach is busy but not digesting something that adds a lot of calories into your system. Sounds great, isn't it?
Try these low-fat, filling foods and see how different your body reacts:
1. Eggs - These are not just filled with protein but provide all the essential amino acids to your system. These amino acids have the ability to suppress hunger, and it will be quite some time before you start feeling hungry again. Scrambled or hard-boiled or in any form you like, pick an egg if you have a choice and see the difference.
2. Oatmeal - Breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day and try to make it as wholesome as possible. Oats, loaded with fiber, fill your stomach and prolong your hunger pangs. Not just in lowering calories, these also help control your body mass index (BMI). Oats can be cooked in different ways, and adding fruit or vegetables can make it more wholesome. Oats help in controlling cravings and oats in form of salads is also a very healthy option.
3. Apples - With about 75 calories in each average-sized fruit, apple is packed with nutrients and accelerates weight loss. The ursolic acid contained in apples improves fat burning and promotes leaner muscle mass. Best eaten raw, you can also add it to oats or have a smoothie.
4. Food Recipes- Some of the homemade recipes like yogurt dip with vegetable sticks or roasted chana with makhana, etc are some of the extremely delicious yet low-fat filling foods which will not only sooth your taste buds but will also optimise your health.
5. Nuts - While nuts are usually considered off radar for people who are watching their weight, it is not true. Whether almonds, walnuts, cashews, pecans, or pistachios, nuts contain good (unsaturated) fats and are packed with fibers. They are packed with calories but you will feel full for a long time before you are hungry again, and that helps. A glass of water along with the nuts will prolong the digestion and keep your hunger pangs away for more hours.
Article Taken From - www.lybrate.com