Dr. Kayomars B Kapadia
• Kayomars B Kapadia is a laparoscopic and gastrointestinal surgeon practicing in South Mumbai.
• Kayomars B Kapadia is M.S. in General Surgery from the University of Mumbai and thereafter proceeded to UK for further specialized surgical training.
• I became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of London and Edinburgh in 1992.
• My surgical training in UK over a period of 8 years was based at the St. George’s Hospital and Medical School (SGHMS), London where I first worked as a Specialist Registrar and then a Senior Registrar. Here, I got an opportunity to work with renowned personalities in surgery. Subsequently, I was a consultant surgeon at St. Heliers Hospital, London with main interest in Minimally Invasive/ Laparoscopic Surgery.
• I have also undergone training at laparoscopic centres in Strasbourgh, Bordeaux and with Prof. Cuscheri at Dundee.
• Memberships- IASG (Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology),
• IAGES (Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons),
• ASI (Association of Surgeons of India)
• Field of specialization-
• Advanced Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Surgeries
• Laparoscopic "TEP" hernia repair,
• Minimally invasive parathyroid and endocrine surgery
Diplomate in National Board (DNB -Surgery) by the National Board of Examinations under the Union Ministry of Health, India
CEMAST, Mumbai (Centre of Excellence for Minimally Access Surg Training)
EISE, Mumbai (Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education)
Recent presentations/operative demonstrations:-
• “Hernia Defect size and its Stabilization Techniques in Mesh Repair Of Ventral Hernias” on 11Sept2015 at the 9 th National congress of HSICON (Hernia Society of India Conference), Hyderabad.
• “Standardization in IPOM for Ventral hernias” Sep 2015, Hernia Update, Mumbai.
• “Hernia Defect Stabilisation techniques in mesh repair of Ventral hernias” on 28Oct 2016 atthe 12th International Congress of the Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS), Tokyo.
• “Live workshop on Laparoscopic TEP repair” and a talk on “Laparoscopic endocrine surgery” on 12-13 Nov at Dr. S. N. Medical College, RAJASICON 2016, Jodhpur
• Approaches to complications & Identifying solutions in laparoscopic hernia repair”on 7Oct 2016 at the 2nd Asia Hernia Master Class (7 to 8 Oct), Medtronic Training Centre, Osong, Korea.
• “Evolution and present status of Ventral Hernia repair” at HNRelianceFoundation meet on 5 Nov 2017
• “Fundamentals in Hybrid repair of Ventral Hernias” on 1May 2018 at Medtronic Hernia Update, Mumbai.
• “Live demonstration of TEP, IPOM”and talk on “Tips & tricks in TEP” at the Workshop on Techniques and Complications in Hernia Repair on 24March2018 at GMC,Nagpur
• “Live operative Hernia workshop & CME” on 29September 2018 conducted at Grant Medical College & Sir JJ hospital, Mumbai